Wednesday, August 1, 2012

HOW TO NOT OVER EDIT YOUR PHOTOS//

Have you ever spent time on photoshop, picnik or pixlr to edit photos and they just end up looking like:
or:


WE DON'T WANT THAT. I'M HERE TO HELP.

I'm not really an expert on photo editing or anything. This post isn't really going to teach you how to edit your photos. I'm just mainly going to put in do's and don'ts. I used to edit my photos in Adobe Photoshop but now I'm too lazy so I just edit through my iPhone or some online photo editing softwares.

When you edit photos, you wouldn't want to over do it. Just put enough effects to enhance the photo. 
BEFORE:
 AFTER:

Cool, right? I only used an iPhone app called Fotor for that one. See? You don't need to be a Photoshop genius to  have cool looking pictures. 

✔DO's and ✘DON'Ts:

✘DON'T: try to change your eye color (parang awa mo na. please wag). If you have dark brown eyes, then LIVE WITH IT. YOU WERE BORN THIS WAY, BABY. Change it only if you need to (cosplay, graphic shots, etc).
DO: use auto fix :) sometimes it works really well.
DON'T: put text on your picture. (PLEASE) or at least spell check it. Make sure your grammar's correct. You're is different from your. Know is different from now. 

REMEMBER, if you're using Instagram, Pixlr, Fotor or other editing apps with preset filters... Each photo is different. Some filters might work nicely with some photos, and other filters might look like crap on the other photos. It all depends on what you think is cool. I like warm-vintage looking pictures so most of my pictures have a warm tone(like the one above). 

Here's another with a cooler tone(blue-ish):
BEFORE:
 AFTER:
edited with instagram

Are you keeping up?

OR!! You can just leave the photo be. If it looks good, don't edit it at all. :)

☺☺☺☺☺

I hope this was a helpful post. Keep it classy. Keep your photos more like this:





and less like this(not that these are authentic pictures taken by me when i was 13 years old, living in the states... pshhh NO):











OKAY OKAY, these were actual photos edited by the 13 year old version of me(Myspace days in California). I'm only showing you guys this because I love you, okay? HAHA I wonder how many friends I'll have left after this blog post! What do you think? Comment down below :) 

-A xx



17 comments:

  1. Simplicity is beauty. Right, Ms. Aria? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool..nice2x! i like this, i don't usually edit pictures naman but i appreciate this.. :)

    follow me:

    melerz02 (twitter)
    http://reidmelerz.blogspot.com/ (blogger)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mas maganda pa rin pag simple, dba Aria? yay. too much edit is parang jejemon na =))

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you attach pictures in your blog's footer?

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHAHA YOU'RE SO CUTE!!! "LITTLE MISS EMO" HAHAH! Cutie!!

    -Nadine
    http://nadine-felice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really agree on your post, Aria. Good thing that a person like you thought of posting a blog like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute Aria <3
    And amazing blog post.
    Love reading your stories.
    :>

    muchlove
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahaha. Galing mo ate! :)) Nakakatuwa naman to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can so relate to your 13 year old over edited pictures, I did exactly the same. Glad we can all laugh about it now!

    problemsarepretty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can help you edit pictures!
    http://fiverr.com/picturewizard/edit-your-pictures

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the tips in editing pictures Aria! Its a great help for me :)

    ReplyDelete