Tuesday, October 23, 2012

BEAUTIFUL WORDS//


(PHOTO FROM: http://www.columbia.edu/)

In my free time, I go on tumblr and reblog stuff. Surf the net for art or read entries from Thought Catalog and Rookie. Lately, I've been exposing myself with poetry since it WAS my least favorite type of literature. Maybe because I hated being forced to make or memorize poems in school... but now, i find myself wonderstruck in every way with poetry. 

The poem above is Edgar Allan Poe's last poem. He died the same year he wrote that poem. (1849) I almost cried reading it. I don't know why. I guess it just spoke to me. That picture above is a scan of Edgar Allan Poe's handwriting.

If you want to get into poetry, start with the lighter ones. Tyler Knott's work helped me a lot. He posts daily. I discovered him because of tumblr. Tumblr's a good source of inspiration (just don't let it get in the way of you and your studies). 


Inspiration's everywhere. You just have to look.


- A xx

2 comments:

  1. I love the poem Annabel Lee!!! Omg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black glasses are really good methods of those people who are requiring once and for all design and stylish eyeglasses.

    ReplyDelete