Sunday, November 4, 2012

PHOTOBOOTH DIARIES: THE THING WITH OLD PICTURES//


This would be my first photobooth diary entry. I decided to make these because 1.) I have so much photobooth pictures in my MacBook and 2.) they kind of tell a story. Who says blogs are only for hi-res pictures? I know photobooth pictures are mostly selfies you take when you're bored. You'd think those pictures are worthless but it really isn't. Especially when you're viewing them 9 months later. Everything seems so different already. I don't know why but when I look at a picture, I remember how I was feeling that day, what I was thinking right before the picture was taken. See, I couldn't really explain it... until I read the book, Perks of Being a Wallflower. These passages really got to me:
"My Dad had glory days once. I’ve seen pictures of him when he was young. He was a very handsome young man. I don’t know any other way to put it. He looked like all old pictures look. Old pictures look very rugged and young and the people in the photographs always look a lot happier then you are. "
" I just hope that I remember to tell my kids that they are as happy as I look in old photographs. And I hope that they believe me."
 Isn't that right? We all look somehow happier in old pictures. It's kind of funny sometimes how I look so happy in an old photo but I was really sad that time. 

The picture above is another story. I was actually pretty happy that time. I was excited. This was taken on the morning of prom. February 2012. Ah, prom. The best night of your life as they all say. It seemed that way at that time. It was a cool night. To some people, it was the best night ever. To some people, it was a waste of time. The best thing for me though was the prom frenzy. Those days when you go to school and all you hear is, "What are you going to wear?" or "Who's doing your make up" or "Who's your prom date?". Prom definitely brought everyone together. Prom itself was a different thing. In a few years, would it even matter if you danced with the prom king? Would it matter if your gown was made by made by the most sought after designer of the country? Maybe. Maybe not. What really mattered to me was all the friends I made and the rush that made me feel so alive. Prom feels so distant already. Like it happened years ago when in reality, this picture was taken only nine months ago. I don't even remember half the people I danced with at prom. My closest friends have already graduated because they're a year older than me. Some of the people you hung out with nine months ago just pass you by at the hallways without even saying hi. It's like time moves so fast yet so slow at the same time. I guess the only way we could live well is to cherish every moment because after a few seconds it'll be gone. It'll be replaced by another. It's going to go on and on until one day you realize, you're 50. They say before you die, you get a flashback of all the things that happened in your life. Make it worth watching. Stop waiting. Get off the computer. Hug your parents. Be nice to your siblings for once. Apologize. Pray. Tell him you love him already. Take pictures. Go live your life. (cheesy but) YOLO!


- A xx

PS.: Man, I miss my long hair.

8 comments:

  1. The last paragraph touched my heart. Just like you this is my last year in high school :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Make it worth watching." You are so deep, young girl! I love the way you wrote this; brought back the old times -so many memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ....(sight)..i miss the old times. I can feel you aria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. once again... I miss my long hair too..

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is my favorite post!!!!! promised !!!!!!
    you are right !!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Polarized glasses are actually regarded as being the most beneficial regarding out-of-doors efforts with regard to they may have to be able to give exceptional comfort out of sunlight plus the dust and debris.

    ReplyDelete