Monday, February 18, 2013

STUCK IN HER DAYDREAM//

Photo by: Luis Pilapil

I'm only truly myself when I'm performing onstage.




Practicing backstage.

Le guy bestfriend, John Manalo.
He invited me to sing for his school's variety show, Ignite.

I love the rush of performing live. You never know what's gonna happen. Good or bad. I feed on the crowd's cheers and claps. It keeps me alive. 

I feel everything all at once. Happiness. Fear. Danger. Everything. I really wish I could put it into words but I can't.

Photo by: Luis Pilapil
People always ask me why I chose to be a musician... It's because I couldn't see myself doing anything else. Music is my life. It sounds so cliche but it's true. I'm not even in it for the fame or the money, I just like singing. 

I perform on the streets every week, or whenever I'm free. Do you know why I love performing on the streets? I love performing on the streets because it's also hardwork. People don't have to stop and listen to you sing there, but when they do... it feels so good. Knowing that they CHOSE to stop what they're doing to watch ME sing, it's crazy. They don't even know my name. It only makes me want to do better and to perform forever. I'm so lucky to have supportive parents. I'm so lucky to have a supportive fanbase. I'm so lucky that I was born in a time where YouTube exists.

Photo by: Luis Pilapil
The crowd in Marist School was super wild! Totally insane (and awesome!!!). To everyone who watched the show, thank you very much. I'm forever grateful! Marist means so much to me since it's where we taped one teleserye that I was lucky enough to be a part of. I was in that school like thrice a week for a few months. So many memories were made there. It was only appropriate that I give back by performing.

After my performance, I signed two ukes! It still feels weird to see ukuleles around the Philippines. Two years ago, I started my YouTube channel, arialovesuke, because I wanted to share my love for the ukulele with other people. My mom bought the ukulele in the states because there weren't any good ukes available in the Philippines at that time... Now, I see ukuleles everywhere. Which is a great thing. I have no idea if I had any part on this ukulele movement but I'm sure glad it's spreading. I'm also so proud to be Ukulele Manila's ambassador.

Me and the Marist boys! Thank you guys for cheering for me! hahaha!

After the show, I dropped by my tito's house to visit my godson, Puroy... and apparenly he owns a ukulele, too! ♡

 OUTFIT DETAILS:
Studded cap c/o Romwe
Black skirt (my favorite) - Forever 21
Spiked creepers - Style Bandit
Mint backpack c/o Romwe

More pictures on instagram!

I re-opened my old YouTube account, ariaclemente, so I could post behind the scenes videos, video blogs and tutorials. My main YouTube channel is still arialovesuke, where I'll be posting my covers / songs. So there, that's me warming up before the show at Marist. Singing 'The A Team" by Ed Sheeran. I'm so happy my hair's longer now. HAHA! 

Hope everything's well with you guys.
School's almost over in the Philippines.
What are your plans for summer?
Comment down below! ♡




Love,
♡ ARIA ♡

51 comments:

  1. I wish you could perform at our school and get you signing my uke. awww :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aria, you are soooo lucky! At a young age, you already know what you really want to do. Cheers!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whattta beautiful Voice! Ms.Aria! ♥_♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Aria :) I know what you feel. I fell for music also. And I don't know what to do without music. It's like, a body without a soul. Anyways, I'm one of your fan! :) Hope I can see you in personal! ^____^ Keep inspiring people especially teens like ME :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. My plans for summer? I'm getting either a guitar or a ukelele! Aria, what d'ya think I should buy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also want a guitar like Sid tho. Haha but maybe, I'll be starting small. ;) Thanks!! :D

      Delete
  6. It's so cool that you performed at my school's sister school!(or is it brother since it's all boys)I wish you could perform at our school too, but I live in Mindanao s

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally! but I'm sooooooo sad cause I was planning to drop by Marist school to visit a friend but I fell asleep huhu. Hashtag big regret :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I'm planning to visit UK this summer vacation! <33333 eh what brand of ukulele ba ang maganda? :) thanks xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i use kala and anuenue :D ukulele manila's good too

      Delete
  9. This is why I love you! Hope you can visit my school too! Haha. God bless Aria! x

    - @phenomeNIALL

    ReplyDelete
  10. we have a ukulele here at home. because of you, I'm motivated to give it a try :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. More! More! From you!! yey! :D I LOVE YOU! :*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great. So great ate aria. I wish you could perform on Cebu. <33333
    --Ninjalalah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Aria! I hope you can also perform at our school. I really do like you.♥ Btw, i'm from Bulacan also. @ St.Mary's Academy Hagonoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. tugtog naman kayo sa province namin ng olongapo. spread the uke fever. goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A they say she's in the class A Team!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know it sounds a tad cliche that you are my inspiration as a lot of us do! You are also the reason I got interested in buying the ukulele almost 3 years ago when it wasn't so mainstream yet here in the Philippines. I completely had no idea how to play it, but I begged my mom and she bought me one all the way from Cebu. I was so happy I watched your vids and I instantly learned! I hope to meet you someday! People say we have a resemblance and I'm always flattered when they say so! Haha! You are a blessed girl, Aria! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Though I don't play the ukulele, I still like your music, Aria. Its one of a kind! Even when I watch your videos in youtube, I get really amazed with your voice. Its very angelic. How I wish you could come and perform in our school. You will surely be a great inspiration for the students. And it'll be my greatest pleasure if i'll meet you in person. God bless you, Aria! Stay the same ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. how do you do that "follow me" on twitter below your profile? what gadget did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm not sure but it isn't a gadget. i got that widget from twitter directly.

      Delete
  20. how much is the domain cost? is it a lifetime or per year basis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my friend got it for me. i think you pay for it annually :)

      Delete
  21. Hello ARia ! :) I'm planning to buy an ukulele this summer :)) Pero walang magtuturo sakin :( Sana makagawa ka ng video on how to play uke :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm actually planning to :) hopefully it works out!

      Delete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Aria! It was nice seeing you perform at my brother's school. Cheers to your awesome performance ^.^ Hope you can also perform at my school(CSB) :) Have a nice day! Btw, I love your sense of fashion <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi. How did you remove the border of your photos? (here in blogger)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi there, after reading this remarkable
    article i am also glad to share my familiarity here with colleagues.


    my blog post or Double Teamed Teen Gets Two Dicks

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's an remarkable post designed for all the internet viewers; they will obtain advantage from it I am sure.

    My web blog :: [主页]

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aria, please please make a guitar tutorial of The A Team by Ed Sheeran!!!! :c pls pls pls :c you are amazeballs <3

    ReplyDelete
  28. Even in my place I used to read your blog. I glad to hear that your the one performing on the street and you don't feel shy anyway. Good luck to your carrer Aria. If by any change can you make a youtube video when you performed on streets. Thanks Aria, God bless you. I'm your fan here in U.S.A.

    ReplyDelete