Monday, May 27, 2013

SUMMER 2013: CIRCUIT FEST//


I could talk about this forever.


Angel just being her hipster self.

Grass is a good practice place if you're just starting to learn how to ride a skateboard or penny board. Especially if you're trying to do tricks. Don't do it on concrete yet. It's so hard to ollie on a penny because it's too small and it has no grip tape but that one i'm using is a nickel. It's 5 inches longer than the penny which makes doing tricks a bit easier.

(Top from Forever 21, Shorts c/o Romwe, Nickel board c/o Big H Skate Co, Vans shoes)
Posting good pictures of yourself is too mainstream so here's a bad picture of me.

Too much feels. I am a mess.

I suggest watching at least 2 songs of each band at a music festival. I know some people just roam around when they don't know the band who's playing but some of them can be really good! Like the A+ Dropouts! They're the first one who performed and MAN did they start the show!!! Their drummer, Nolan, is so dreamy. They did an awesome job covering "The A Team" by Ed Sheeran.

Not sure, but I think this is Riley Hawk. He was facing back most of the time so I didn't have time to process if that was really him.

Le concert buddy, Angel. Some people refer to her as Rozina but that's too fancy. I like angel.

Crowd inside the "mosh" pit section. I don't think any moshing happened here. Just at the other sections.

This is Angel's "OMGOMGOMG THIS CENTURY IS PERFORMING NEXT I LOVE JOEL SO MUCH" face.

I brought a notebook and a pen for this purpose. So we could make quick signs to raise up. This is Tracy and her crazy sign. The funniest one I saw on This Century's set was "GAY FOR JOEL".

This is Rhythm of BYEROPE!

THIS CENTURY!

WE ALL STARTED FREAKING OUT WHEN HE SANG. HE'S SO LOVELY. I JUST.

The Downtown Fiction was one of bands I've never heard of till Circuit Fest but man did they surprise us. They are SO awesome. You could hear so much punk in their music influence. Their songs can get people pumped up for a mosh pit but unfortunately, there wasn't any in the actual mosh area they've set up.

They did a wicked awesome job covering "Super Bass" by Nicki Minaj!



We love TDF! New fans right there.

Mark Salling was the host but he didn't host up until halfway through the show. That's Willie Santos beside him.

RILEY HAWK! I WAS HYPERVENTILATING. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THIS PICTURE TURNED OUR LIKE THIS. I WAS SHAKING SO BAD.

Before You Exit! I couldn't get a good picture because I was being pushed and shoved and eyes were being rolled at me. Whenever I try to take a picture of before you exit, my hands shake badly so I just let it go. This is almost all of BYE. Connor McDonough got covered by the tv crew holding the camera here in this picture!

Toby McDonough was the closest one to my side of the audience! I definitely died when they sang Mmmbop and Some Nights! ♡ ♡ ♡

After Before You Exit, We went out to buy a drink and then we went back to the VIP grass area to finally enjoy We Are The In Crowd's music. Honestly, you couldn't enjoy the music that much if you're inside the pit near the stage because people just constantly just push and shove you. Not even moshing or slam dancing, they're just plain shoving you to the side so they can get a better picture or video.

Willie Santos!

The skaters were skating to We Are The In Crowd's music. The ramp was wet because it rained and the rain didn't really stop. So, they skated here.



Allstar weekend! The last time I checked out their videos, they were still teenagers, i think! Saw them on Disney before.

Angel wearing the top I DIY'd.

Rania!

(Hoodie c/o Romwe)
It rained! Good thing I brought a hoodie.

Sabaw look. It was scorching hot when we arrived then it rained then it stopped. I'm basically sick right now. Was it worth it? YES.

Waitin for Mayday Parade!


This is the awesome dude who gave me the Before You Exit pick from Braiden! If he didn't point at me, Braiden wouldn't have recognized me! Haha!

Fun fun fun fun!

Me and Angel bought matching Circuit Fest baller bracelets. They're glow in the dark. It has all the logos of the bands that played.

Bumped into a few friends! Igiboy Flores, Jane Oineza and Naomi Oineza.

Shoutout to Sea Shop for my awesome customized Beavis and Butthead shirt!

This is the deck that Willie Santos gave away. Unfortunately, I didn't catch it. I just borrowed it for this picture.

With my favorite, EJ Jallorina!

MAYDAY aflgdkfjhslkgjhlskdfg

Derek Sanders, hi!

Couldn't get my cd signed so i just took a picture of it beside them!

♡ "Young love is such dumb love" ♡

Fangirl mode on!!

Here's a gif I made of Derek Sanders from the video I took of him. You're welcome. They didn't sing my favourite song, Stay... but they did sing Kids In Love which is my second favourite!

This is Yellowcard taken from the General Admission place. I was charging my phone on one of the stalls on their first two songs.

Excuse my yucky-ness, I just got out of the crazy ass moshpit during Yellocard's set. Pretty sure I got a few bruises. It's all fun. The real moshpit happened at the General Admission area. The mosh pit at the VIP grass area was pretty awesome, too. There wasn't really a mosh pit until Yellowcard played.

Dad took me to Hen Lin after. My body hurt so bad.


I woke up thinking everything was a dream then I found this on my pocket and when I tried to move, I couldn't. It's all worth it. I went into post concert depression. The only thing keeping me happy was the thought that there's going to be another Circuit Fest next year.

Just like that, Circuit fest was gone and all I'm left with are these.

I enjoyed all the bands who played. I enjoyed watching the skaters do their thing.
Thank you, Star Magic, for my tickets.
Thanks MMI for bringing the bands here!
Thanks Angel, Tracy, Rania and Alysa for being my concert buddies!

This is my first attempt to blog about a concert. Sorry, if the pictures aren't that good. I was too busy enjoying the festival. I met so much people, too. I couldn't get my scanner to scan my polaroid pictures but I'll post them once I've scanned them.


♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Love,
☾ ARIA ☽

10 comments:

  1. You're still pretty even what happened at the mosh pit. I hope I can go to any concert too. I love the outfit, you effortlessly did it.

    The Wannabe ME

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane's sister is Noimie right ?? not Naomi if I am not mistaken ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aria, so you were inside the mosh pit at the VIP? We started the mosh pit, circle pit and wall of death there. Luckily, Yellowcard noticed us. :) I didn't see you. Hoping to be your concert buddy for your next concert! - @krishanicolee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Aria! At the last picture, is that Megan Nicole at the bottom left? Did she perform? Didn't see any pics..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best day of my life. Thanks for being part of it Aria. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're still pretty. Love this! Wish I could experience that one too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing outfits and music festival! you girls look awesome and the event seems super fun!

    check out my new all-white outfit post! :)
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg Aria I would have died seeing Joel and the BYE boys live like asdfghjkl >.< Glad you had a great time while I was sulking 'cause I didn't have the means to go. :((((

    ReplyDelete