Friday, August 9, 2013

LONELY HEARTS CLUB//


PHOTOGRAPHY: Chelsea Sunga and Christine Carla Canas
STYLING: Menina Condado and Miguelle Remigio
LOCATION: UST - Beato and Quadri Park
EDITED BY ME


Love will never last forever. Feelings are just like the weather.
January to December. Do you wanna be a member?

♡ ♡ ♡

♡ This shoot was inspired by Marina and the Diamonds' song, Lonely Hearts Club. ♡ 

Marina Diamandis is one of my inspirations, not only with my songwriting but also with my fashion choices. I dress up in black and white most of the time but because of her, I started being brave with colors. I hated pink before. Now, I like pastels, too.
The first song I've ever heard by her is 'Teen Idle' from her album, Electra Heart. The lyrics really got to me, you know? Everything's so honest and it depicts reality really well. It's all very harsh yet sugarcoated. Kind of like Lana Del Rey but more Electra.

I wish I wasn't such a narcissist.
I wish I didn't really kiss the mirror when I'm on my own.
Oh God, I'm gonna die alone.
Adolescence didn't make sense.
A little loss of innocence.
The ugly years of being a fool.
Ain't youth meant to be beautiful?

-Teen Idle-


My favourite tracks from Electra Heart include Bubblegum Bitch, Primadonna, Buy The Stars and Homewrecker.

"How to be a Heartbreaker" is one of her wittiest songs. It's so incredibly honest and twisted but also sad in a way.

"Electra Heart is an Ode to dysfunctional love," she said in one of her interviews.

Electra Heart proves that girls who act like bitches can get hurt, too. I read that in one of her interviews but I couldn't remember which one so I couldn't provide the source.


OUTFIT DESCRIPTION:
Acid wash denim vest - Wet Seal
Pastel pink dress - Thrifted
Mint chucks - Converse
Ring and earring c/o Romwe
Arm candies c/o several instagram shops

We're having our preliminary exams next week! Gulp. I'm going to be bestfriends with my books and my art materials this week and the next.

I injured my left elbow and wrist last night. It's not that bad, though. Just a friendly reminder to actually wear elbow pads, knee pads and a helmet while you're skating. I didn't (because I haven't gotten one yet). Which explains my injury. I know it seems 'cooler' to ride boards without protective gear, but it's not cool when you're hurt. So, yeah. I know a lot of people have been into pennyboards (I SEE THE EVERYWHERE NOW OMFG), but please please please be careful. Please know that getting injuries is inevitable when you start skateboarding. That is all.

Good luck to everyone who will be having their midterms this month!


♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Love always,
☾ARIA☽

PS: Is it really August again? I think my blog's one year old now... which means I'm gonna be one year older soon. I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M GOING TO BE 18 IN LESS THAN A MONTH. WHAT? HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?

PPS: Though my birthday week/weekend will be awesome bc ADHOC, BAZOOKA II, TONS OF HOLIDAYS and MY BIRTHDAY. YES. Being almost 18 ROCKS.

31 comments:

  1. I am 18 today! well, quite not sure if it works the same for me... but anyway, this is really awesome!
    Love ur dress!

    Lonely heart's club mem.? Oh I already am! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YOUR DRESS :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I super looove you. You're so pretty and stylish. It feels like, any dress suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're really awesome! Love the pictures because the person on it is beautiful. :**

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an inspiration, you're totally gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. prelims palang sa UST ?? .. goodluck

    ReplyDelete
  7. CHEEERS ! whoooo, your very awesome Aria |m| keep up inspiring us . :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that song too! (How to be a Heartbreaker) Anyway, I love the place where you shoot this! :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so perfect!! :"> your so pretty !!



    Kisses frm aly
    http://forever-youngstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so damn beautiful
      yea! its one year already and you've gone so for in blogging. good job!
      keep inspiring us :*

      TheWannabeMe

      Delete
  11. Super duper ultra mega loooove your outfit! Really COOL! You rock Aria! Advance happy birthday and Goodluck on your midterms :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. i cant move when i see you face aria...<3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Aria, what software/program/app do you use to edit your photos?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you don't really have a set style but you can pull of whatever you wear :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. your hair T.T



    http://ara-francisco.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your style makes you more unique and cool. I totally wish i have that sense of fashion. You rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Youre so cool aria!! you inspired many persons!:):*

    ReplyDelete
  18. hey Aria, i love your blog :) you're actually my blog inspiration. check out my blog please if you have time. Thank you! keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aria! Please check out my blog! I just started blogging this week but I think it's okayyyy. Please check it out! Thank youuu love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi aria. You really are so pretty. fan girl here! haha. i wanna meet you in person, so baaadddd! i started blogging because of you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. hi aria ..ang cute mo talaga ...kamukha tayo hihi

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazingly awesome! Looking forward to your upcoming posts. Can't wait to read them. ♡

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anong editor mo ate aria? :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the dress!

    -Chy

    http://noviceofstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete